Thursday, July 29, 2010


I CAN DO "HARD" THINGS!

So i've had this title in mind for over a week now, however the content of the blog has remained a little lacking. In that i don't have much more to say than the tittle itself. I think i've mentioned in previous post/s that when your depressed you're constantly self talking, and most, if not all is negative and poisonous.

So in my healing i've stopped this altogether. I've been pretty good with this. I did discover that i stopped having a voice altogether. There was no mantra. The inner voice was silent. Inspiration came and i have my new voice.... I CAN DO HARD THINGS! I must say it over 20 times a day.

Spencer hits Brooklyn (I CAN DO HARD THINGS).... I approach him, take a deep breathe (because this is the 12th time he's done it today) and i try and deal with him as Christ would.


(Brooklyn the Carnivore... Lamb Shanks)


Its 5pm, the crankiest part of the day for mums and kids. We're all dying for Daddy to get home, dinner has to be made. Not ideal circumstances (I CAN DO HARD THINGS). Better still, I can do hard things day in day out. My goal this week was to cook dinner for 7days in a row. I don't think i've ever done this our entire marriage. I married a saint! Today is day 7. Not only have i cooked every day but i've also made sweets and have huge amounts of leftovers. We've sat at the table every night together as a family and we've been spot on with family scripture reading and prayer. The routine has stuck this week! you see I CAN do hard things!



So there Satan... pfft

2 comments:

  1. Go you!! Wish I had your patience....mine has been lacking this week. Sickness, hormones & stressful stuff will do that to you. But we've been consistent with dinners & getting the kids to bed on time this week so Jason & I have some "us" time....I've tried to focus on that, even if it's spent on the couch while I blow my nose for the 100th time that day! I married the perfect man too - they are very rare & we are very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete